Re: [OM] Re: Nikon user facial structure (was: OM-2000 impressions)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Nikon user facial structure (was: OM-2000 impressions)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:30:45 -0500
At 07:11 AM 9/11/1998 GMT, you wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:16:33 -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>
>>I just tried looking through the FM2 (similar body shape, size, and style
>>to the FG) with my left eye and the shutter lever out a la the OM-2000 and
>>I can do so with impunity.  Not even a hint of danger or discomfort.  Must
>>be differences in facial structure. I'm certain that not all Nikon users
>>focus with their right eye. Oly users are the only persons I've ever heard
>>comment on this.
>
>So this is it! The Nikon user facial structure allows for the weird
>lever sticking into it without discomfort being felt....
>
>Maybe we could start some research here, to determine which are the
>differences in facial structure between Olympus users (delicate?) and
>Nikon users (Tarzan-type?).
>
>Frank van Lindert
>Utrecht NL.

Yes, Frank, you have uncovered the horrible secret of my tortured life:
one side of my face shows the smooth and aquiline features of an Oly user,
the other the hairy apelike mug of a Nikoneer (drool ... ).  Even hidden as
I keep the distorted flesh under an iron prosthesis, how can I forget my
furtive Nikonness?  How experience the pleasure I would otherwise take in
my Olympian superiority? ;-)

Joel