Re: [OM] Camedia 1400XL

Subject: Re: [OM] Camedia 1400XL
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 13:05:44 GMT
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:05:47 -0400, "Tomoko Yamamoto"
<tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Olympians,
>
>Olympus just introduced on their Web site in Japanese an improved version of
>the
>C-1400L.  They begin selling the new model in October obviously in Japan first.
>The list price is 128,000 yen, less than the price of a new OM-4Ti.
>
>The new model is capable of continuous shooting and faster shooting.  They
>added
>a new manual control called, "manual white balance".  It now accepts an
>external
>flash and can compensate exposure by +/- 3 steps when an internal flash is
>used.
>
>They are aiming this improved model toward serious amateurs and professionals.
>
>I am sure that they will put up an English page in the near future.
>
>The URL of the new model introduction is:
>http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Digicamera/c1400xl.html
>
>Tomoko Yamamoto
>Photographer, Composer, Soprano
>mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
>Home Page: http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
>Olympus Classifieds: http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130

Hi Tomoko.

The new Camedia 1400-L will be for sale very soon here in Europe too,
immediately after the Photokina which is held later this month.
Anticipating on this the dealers here are dropping the prices for the
'old' C-1400L (or 600-L, as it is called in the US). Until this week
the price was firm at around $1300 here in Holland. Today I saw one in
a camera shop window for $1000. Of course this is still more expensive
than the US street price, but here the camera is sold as a kit, with
case, NiMH batteries, charger, software and 4 MB media included.
Prices are dropping fast. If I am translating the rumours well, the
'new' C-1400L will be in the same price range or even cheaper than the

original model...

Any idea what it will sell for in Japan?

Frank van Lindert.