Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 21:14:37 +0100
Gary Schloss  told us:

> Clearly, the Oly 1.4X-A is not an option, due to its protruding
> front element.  The Vivitar 1.5X and also Kiron's Match Mate MC 1.5X
> TC's will work, as both can accomodate lenses with rear elements
> close to the camera mirror (i.e. 50mm and wider).

Warning!  I have the Kiron Match Mate MC 1.5X and the glass can clash
with the rear of the standard 50mm f1.8 lens.  I works fine if you
extend the lens slightly before fitting to the teleconverter, and the
lens then still focusses to infinity happily, but not at the infinity
mark on the focus ring.

I don't know about the Vivitar as I only have the X2 variety.

--

Ian  <IMS>
                  OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.