[OM] Re: OM 4Ti and Macro Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 4Ti and Macro Lenses
From: Ryan McNabb <rwmcnabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 22:40:53 -0400
ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi ??  & welcome to the list.  Sorry I forgot your name.
> Also, the 3Ti is the only mechanical camera which has TTL Flash capabilities.
> The 3Ti will work in much colder weather than a 4Ti.  i.e. dead batteries.
> Think of the 3Ti as a new OM 1n and a 4Ti as a new Om2n.
> Very hard to justify the USD $500 + over the 4Ti.

   Thanks to everyone for the fantastic responses, and the warm
welcome!  I am basically deciding (like a lot of folks, I guess) between
adding to and building up my OM system and going with a Nikon F3 or F4
system.  The OM 3Ti is one whopping expensive camera, and I am left
wondering why...is it built to the "legendary" Nikon F standards?
(150,000 shutter cycles, etc.)
   Just trying to feel my way here.  I don't want to start any
brushfires, (Nikon vs. Oly) but these are the questions on my mind, and
I guess others as well when they first come here.  I started out with
Olympus in the late 70's, and partly I want to switch brands for a big
project I have ahead of me, then I stand back and wonder why.  If the
Oly has a "pro quality" SLR, why not stick with it?
   And thanks for the lens advice, also.  I have only my original Zuiko
OM system book from my original OM-1 purchase, and haven't kept current
with what is out there.

Thanks again
Ryan McNabb