Re: [OM] Re: OM 4Ti and Macro Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM 4Ti and Macro Lenses
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:10:10 +1000
>   Thanks to everyone for the fantastic responses, and the warm
>welcome!  I am basically deciding (like a lot of folks, I guess) between
>adding to and building up my OM system and going with a Nikon F3 or F4
>system.  The OM 3Ti is one whopping expensive camera, and I am left
>wondering why...is it built to the "legendary" Nikon F standards?
>(150,000 shutter cycles, etc.)

We had a thread on shutter life here a while ago (try the archives? I've
never had to look myself yet), and Oly came up pretty good. Are the Nikon's
(I put the ' in for the spell freaks) made with titanium top and bottom
plates?

I understand the F3 and F4 are auto/manual with auto focus. The 3Ti is
manual. Think FM2 and add about 30 years. The manual with TTL flash is what
appeals to me the most. Cold weather reliability, no battery for shutter,
and if the battery is good, OTF flash. What more could a man want? (mirror
lockup and self timer actually). To my mind the Nikon advantage is higher
flash sync speed and higher shutter speed, none of which is an issue for me.
If I truely wanted higher X sync with a small size, I would go Oly Pen F. Or
flashbulbs.

I'll stop raving now. It's a wet Sunday arvo.

Foxy