Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:30:01 EDT

<<
 ><< On OM bodies, I am not a big fan of the shutter speed ring being
 > around the lens mount. >>
 >
 >There is probably a lot of personal variation on this one.  This is one of
my
 >favorite features on an OM body--much better than scrunching your fingers
down
 >on a little dial on the top of the body and much more convenient for going
 >back and forth between aperture setting and shutter speed without having to
 >take your eye off the viewfinder.
 >

 >Carl May

 Most definitely the way for me.  I don't understand why the other makers
 went with the dial on the top.

 Chris Barker <>< >>

Much more convenient where Olympus puts  it.  It does take some getting used
to if you've been using any other system.  The placement of the shutter speed
on the OM2000 is a distraction that will take some getting used to..
fortunately I used a Ricoh for years so I'm used to the setup.
Other than Olympus and Mamiya, has any other SLR manufacturer ever put the
shutter speed dial where it really belongs?