[OM] OM - mention

Subject: [OM] OM - mention
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:13:33 -0400 (EDT)
   I was reading through a new book, titled "Concert Photography", by
Jon Sievert, and I came across the following under the "cameras"
section:
          " Olympus has long enjoyed a cult following for its compact,
jewel-like creations. The OM-4T, a true classic with cutting edge spot
metering technology, features autoexposure, manual focusing, and access to
nearly two dozen Zuiko lenses ranging from a 16mm f/2.5 wide angle to a
1000/11 telephoto. The small, all-metal body weighs in at just over a
pound, but delivers big performance and a system full of accessories. "

   The book seems to be well-written, thoroughly covering the topic. I
thought some of you might find this interesting.

Another OM mention, and something strangely fascinating...

In the October 1998 issue of Pop Photo, in the "Too hot to handle" letters
section (at the back of the magazine), a reader asks about using his
Pentax 400 AF-T flash on other cameras. The editors reply that late-model
Prakticas often would accept OM flash units and meter accurately
through the lens! Read it for yourselves, p. 248.

Also...

  In my Oct 98 issue of Outdoor Photographer magazine there's an ad for a
mail-order outfit called "Triple SSS" (seems a tad redundant). They're
advertising a 420-800 mega-zoom made by Kenko, and it is listed as
being made in Olympus mounts. Price ? $299.00.

                                               *= Doris Fang =*