Re: [OM] Collector appeal

Subject: Re: [OM] Collector appeal
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:44:09 EDT

<< The reason they care about that is that it then allows them to price it at
 collector's price -- and they rake in the profits. >>
I've never touched one, but wasn't the "O" product a camera made solely (or
nearly so) for the collectible market?  Thus Olympus has experience with this
type of sales technique.  I feel betrayed if so.  Camera should do what they
are supposed to do, take great photos.  The form will follow function. Here
something is misguided in that they are selling to collectors.  But such is
the dark side of capitalism.

Warren Kato