Re: [OM]Making a remote cord for Winder 2

Subject: Re: [OM]Making a remote cord for Winder 2
From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:41:26 -0700
Just a point of clarification, Lee,

The questions I asked were indeed STUPID, but that's not because I'm
some dork or whatever, I just thought I'd build up to the problem in a
slow logical manner, thinking aloud, that is.  Ok?

Thanks for your help mate, and looking forward to bombarding you with
other similarly OBVIOUS questions :)

Oh, by the way, (some messages tend to be misinterpreted) I honestly
appreciate your help and I'm not offended, hurt or anything ok?  I'm
smiling like a kid, as I write, ok!!  <GRIN> :) :)

cheers

Konrad

R. Lee Hawkins wrote:

> In your message dated: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 01:30:44 PDT you write:
> >Hi everybody,
> >
> >I've read the CAMREP faq and was particularly interested in making a
> >Remote cord for my winder 2 and Om-10.
> >I've got a couple of queries if anyone would like to help me!
>
> Ok.
>

> >1)Does a Remote cord allow me to fire my camera shutter via the winder 2
> >from a distance - is that what a remote cord does?
>
> Umm, yeah, that's why it is called a "remote cord". :)
>

> >2)Does the phone jack fit inside the hole to the right of the winder 2
> >shutter button?
>
> Yep.
>

> >3)If my interpretation of the faq is right, what you are effectively
> >doing is using a length of cable to perform a short circuit. Right?  Or
> >is a pulse of some sort meant to trigger the shutter?
>
> Short circuit.
>

> >4)I stuffed a mini phone jack into the hole on the right of the winder2
> >fire button and I noticed something funny (if it is funny after all)  As
> >you insert the phone jack the winder fires.  When you short the two
> >wires connected to the jack - nothing happens (ok, perhaps the contact
> >wasn't that good), when you withdraw the jack, the winder fires again.
> >Is my winder defective??
>
> No, that is normal.  Think about how the jack is made.  As you slide the
> plug into the jack, the plug shorts the jack briefly.
>

> >5) and finally does the remote firing work with sequence mode too?
>
> Yes, it does.  All the remote jack is is a jack wired-or'd with the
> switch on the winder.  All you are doing by using a remote cord is
> adding another switch at a distance.  Switches work by causing a dead
> short.  There is nothing magical here. :)
>
> Cheers,
> --Lee

<hr>
Homepage</a>