[OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...

Subject: [OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...
From: Sean Chan <sean@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:22:55 +0800 (WST)
Hi all,

Opinions needed here. I've just purchased an OM-1 body and will be
picking up an OM-4Ti body next week. So I'm slowly collecting
accessories.

Flash
=====
I've been given the option to purchase a T32 flash at a reasonable price
but should I get the F280 instead?? F280 owners, is the full synchro
really useful?? How well does it work and how often do you use the full
synchro?? The price difference for a 2nd hand T32 and new F280 (no one
seems to want to sell these 2nd hand!!) is about 2:1 (i.e. the T32 is
1/2 the price of the F280) and I've gotta justify that.

Lenses
======
I've been looking at 3-4 main categories - 28mm F2.8, 50mm F1.4, 100mm
F2.8, 300mm F4. And I've also adopted the mentality of "Nothing but
Zuiko". Is this a fair guide?? How do the Tamrons, Tokina's, etc.
compair to Zuiko?? Needless to say, going for 3rd party opens up my
range and variety of combinations - but I sharp photos (in this case for
Astronomy - so pinpoint sharp stars are nice).

Sean
P.S. Anyone wants to buy a Canon F-1 with lenses :-)??
--
Sean H.Y. Chan (sean@xxxxxxxxxx)
IT Consultant