[OM] OM 3 Price (was Marketing/OM2000)

Subject: [OM] OM 3 Price (was Marketing/OM2000)
From: "Paul Van Gossum" <paul.vangossum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:13:51 +0200
| Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:10:33 -0500
| From: Paul Van Tuyl <olympusguy@xxxxxxxx>
| Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Marketing/OM 2000
|
| Has anyone else heard that the unit cost of a 3Ti is around $400u.s.?
Paul.

Last year I spoke to a salesman when the OM2000 was released in Belgium. He
told me that, if they would still sell the OM1, it would cost about 30000
BEF (810 USD).
I think the differences between OM1 and OM3 are not that big to justify the
current OM3Ti price. The Ti body will cost more, there are more electronics
and the mechanics are different. Also the research and development for the
OM3 has to be paid, but I'm sure the same amount of R&D was done before the
OM1 was released.
I think the 400 USD mentioned above sounds possible. Olympus can sell an
OM3(with or without Ti) for much less money than they do now, and if they
did, they would sell a lot of them.

Paul (another one).

BTW: did anyone on the list ever see an OM2000 in a shop in Belgium?