[OM] 500mm f8.0 Lens

Subject: [OM] 500mm f8.0 Lens
From: rtl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (robert lewis,15897,335B0)
Date: 16 Sep 1998 8:10 EDT
I am looking at a lens marketed by Reitz camera under
their Quantaray brand that is a 500mm f8.0 telephoto
lens with a preset (i.e., manual) diaphram.  I have
also seen this lens marketed by Cambridge Photo under
their Cambron lens.  The lens is made in Korea and
appears to be an old design.  I would like to know
if anyone else has had experience with this lens.  If
so, how is it optically.  The price looks attractive
(i.e., $129 with 2x extender), but I don't want it if
it is of poor optical quality.

Bob Lewis