Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:44:02 EDT
Hi Sean:

> The price difference for a 2nd hand T32 and new F280 (no one
>  seems to want to sell these 2nd hand!!) is about 2:1 (i.e. the T32 is
>  1/2 the price of the F280) and I've gotta justify that.

Might be an artifact of your local market.  The T-32 is more common since it
most likely had a larger production run.  I see them selling in the US for
about $30 less than like condition F280 's, which are widely available.  The
T-32 is way more versatile, IMHO.

> How do the Tamrons, Tokina's, etc. compare to Zuiko??

Search the archives (using the various brand names as keywords) for lots of
previous discussion on individual lenses.  Or look over published independent
lens tests from the late 1970's and 1980's.  Note that you have to compare a
particular lens, not a brand name.  Marketing likes to get us to think in
brand names.  Beware to those who succumb to its spells.  It is the perfect
social remedy for those who don't want to form their own conclusions from
primary sources or personal testing.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV