Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...
From: Sean Chan <sean@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:01:49 +0800 (WST)
Thanks all on your opinions on Olympus flashes and lenses. In summary,
it seems that the T-32 is the way to go (and the F280 later if there's
cash to spare and cheap one comes along). I must say that the Super-FP's
limited range was something I never even thought to consider but will
look into that. Also following a different thread of how the Bounce Grip
2 for T-32 allows rotation on the flash has prompted me to consider it
seriously.

As for lenses, I found Michael Covington's opinions and experiences to
be extremely useful 'cos the lenses will be used for exactly the same
purposes. I'll keep an open mind on brands and listen out for
specifically good models of the focal length & ratio I'm after.

One lense has got me puzzled - I've had at least 4 people recommending
against the 50mm F1.4 in favour for the 50mm F1.8. Is this due to
abberation on the outer fringes of the 50mm F1.4?? I relise that I'd
probably stop it down to F2 anyway if I were to use the 50mm F1.4. I
just thought that the larger aperture would be useful for general
purpose use (day/evening flash).

Anyhow, I've felt extremely warmly received by the subscibers of this
list. Thank you very much,
Sean
--
Sean H.Y. Chan (sean@xxxxxxxxxx)