Re: [OM] OM 3 Price (was Marketing/OM2000)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 3 Price (was Marketing/OM2000)
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:11:01 GMT
On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:28:16 +0100, Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>Paul (another one).
>>
>>BTW: did anyone on the list ever see an OM2000 in a shop in Belgium?
>>

>Paul
>
>I visited Liege last Saturday, a most enjoyable day now that we know where
>the decent shopping areas are.  I did not find a proper camera shop, let
>alone one that sold OM2000s.  Can you guide me or anyone else to decent
>shops in Liege or Maastricht?
>
>Chris
>
>Chris Barker <><       mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Chris.

In Maastricht you will find one decent camera shop, right in the
centre of the city, on a corner of the main shopping street, opposite
Vroom en Dreesmann department store. Little Olympus, I am afraid....

There is also a good (probably better) shop in Gulpen, halfway between
Aachen and Maastricht. Name of Leon Gulikers, if I am not mistaken. If
you want to know precise adresses/tel numbers I can look them up for
you,

The cities/towns of Heerlen, Sittard, and Roermond have camera shops
as well. Not many because (you guessed it) Germany is nearby. Everyone
in Limburg goes to Aachen, Duesseldorf or Moenchen-Gladbach for camera
equipment.... I have worked with the Maastricht-Aachen Airport Met
Service for a while, and I often visited Aachen and even Cologne shops
during my short but frequent stays at EHBK.

In Belgium you'd better forget about camera shops, especially for
Olympus. If you could find any decent ones at all, they will be far
too expensive. Same in France...