Re: [OM] VST Voltage

Subject: Re: [OM] VST Voltage
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 06:29:27 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/98 3:49:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The VST Macro stand I acquired has an internal lightbulb, on the plug it
 says 125 v 7A yet I am told voltage is 110 (apologies to Paul!). Which is
 correct.
 I need a transformer for the UK (killer) mains current. >>

Nominal voltage in the US is actually 117v, I think. I've seen devices labeled
110v, 115v, 120v, and 125v. All seem to work OK when I plug them into a wall
socket! The ones in my house typically read about 113v on my DVM.

You should be able to use one of the voltage converters designed for
traveling. I know they are readily available in the US in department stores
and such for converting 220v current to US standard 110v. I would imagine the
inverse device is sold in Europe. Seven amps isn't all that much current, just
make sure the device is rated for at least that (most of the US converters can
handle a hair dryer, typically 10 amps or more).

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI