[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #497

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #497
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:17:59 +0100
Cc: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Simon -

I had a similar problem on an OM2-SP, caused by a dicky ASA dial - wobbling
the dial caused the meter to flicker all over the place.  Your problem
might be something similar.
I can recommend the OM Repair Co in Essex, tel: 01268 753430.  They were
quick and efficient when I last used them (a couple of years ago admittedly).

Hope this helps

Richard

>Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:41:15 +0000
>From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] OM2n meter games
>
>I don't know if anyone on the list has had this problem... my OM2n has a
>meter needle which has a life of its own.  When I first turn it on, no
>problem, but a few seconds later it starts dipping, and moving around
>erratically between something like -1 and -3 stops.  This is the same on
>auto or manual metering modes.  Changing batteries doesn't make any
>difference.  Any ideas?
>
>On a related subject, do any UK-based members have any repairers
>(Oly-authorised or otherwise) they would recommend?  Thanks,
>
>Simon E.

Richard Ross, B.Sc, Ph.D

RH Designs - innovative darkroom equipment
http://www.nildram.co.uk/rhdesign
tel:  +44 (0) 1442 258111
rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx