Re: [OM] and Vivitar TX mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] and Vivitar TX mounts
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:02:32 -0700
On 16 Sep 98, at 23:27, Morgan Sparks wrote:

> I inherited my Mother's Konica system and in the process of canibalizing
> it have come across two fine performing Vivitars, with interchangable
> "TX" mounts.  Did Vivitar ever provide these in OM mount?
> This may have been a shutter-priority system, but I sure would like to
> convert these lenses.
I *think* they did, as I have seen a Vivitar with an interchangeable
OM mount...

> The Konica Hexanon lenses, by the way, are surprisingly good.
A few nights ago, my Dad and I were reminiscing about cameras,
trying to determine when he sold his Konica system and went with
the OM-2. We determined that it was around 1976, but I also
learned that some shots taken with his Konica had won in several
photo competitions; he felt it was a very capable system, just too
big and heavy.
Of course, he still feels the OM-2 was the best camera of all, and
doesn't think much of his N*k*n 2020, which he bought around
1985 after feeling the need for AF due to poor eyesight.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)