Re: [OM] Camera World prices

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera World prices
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:27:57 EDT
Hi Shawn:

<< > Sadly, this type of store is a dying breed...

One independent camera shop owner told me there are less than 400 of the same
left in the United States.  Seems a low figure, but maybe he was restricting
it to full service family owned businesses.

Bill Rice told me about something OLY at the old Arlington Heights Camera in
AH, Illinois.  But when I got there last month, it was closed for good.  That
was one of my hang outs as a kid, when I wasn't taking the train into Chicago
to get 200ff at Altman's (which was also independent).

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV