[OM] Photokina:: about the Imagek

Subject: [OM] Photokina:: about the Imagek
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:52:56 +0200
Hi, all ,
I've seen this famous Imagek it was still a non-functioning "object" made of
Brass with some Electronic component perhaps are them the real ones..? I
don't know the man with which I talked said me that they were too short of
some days to be ready with a functioning product on the stand in the
delays...He said me that the product would be on the market in February ~
March of 99...He said me that the first models will be adapted to the
configuration of the most important reflexes Canon, Nikon, Minolta,
Olympus...(but I've asked him before about the compatibility with the
OM...so I'm not sure of the "reality" of the answer)
There is not a lot of technical details he said the product will have some
system to "give an information" to the DX system and the other details was
already available on the site...
There were some pictures I guess it was the ones you could find on their
site...
About the size of the sensor he said me that at this moment the size is 50%
of the size of a 24x36 and there will be an adapter for the
viewfinder...I've not measured but for me it looks smaller than that ( I've
taken a picture but not yet finished my film...).
He also said me that at the end of 99 a new model will have a sensor of 90%
of the size of 24x36... and the price of the first model will be of
1,000$...
I'm not convinced at all there was too much "blur" for me...but perhaps am I
wrong..?
I'll be interested by the advice of the other list-members who could see
"the object"
Wait and see
regards
marc