Re: [OM] Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikos
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:27:45 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/98 4:38:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, GARYINLA@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< How do you decide what to actually put in your camera bag?  Any suggestions
as
 to what would be best to actually carry around for street photography and/or
 travel snapshot type photography?  (To fit in a Domke medium size or small
bag
 for example, assuming you either have or are looking to put together such
 combination of lenses?) >>

There was a (short) thread along these lines here recently. Basically what I
have done is put two bags together. One is my "snapshot" light bag - OM-2S,
winder 2, 35-70/4, 50/1.8, 75-205/3.8-4.8 Vivitar - I use this for family
functions, etc...

Most everything else goes in the "big bag" - OM-4, OM-1, Winder 2, 28-48/4,
50/1.4, 100/2, 200/4, 2X-A, T32, T20, Bounce Grip 2, filters, extension
tubes... Problem is that this bag gets *heavy* so what I do is selectively
pull things out. For example, this morning on the way to work I wanted to get
a shot of the crescent moon rising over a lake I pass at sunrise, so I grabbed
the bag, pulled out the flashes, bounce grip, OM-1, Winder. Now its a lot
lighter! I grabbed my tripod, I threw in my Varimagni (which I use alot with
the tripod) and I was all set. Now we'll see how they come out....

Of course what works for me probably won't work for you. You mention street
photography and snapshot photography in your letter... maybe you throw
together a small bag for each? I would suggest experimenting for awhile.

<<(I am leaving out 24mm because I dont have one yet!)>>

I know what you mean <g>. Except I'm torn between the 24/2.8 and 21/3.5...

Good Luck!

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI