Re: [OM] Zuiko 28/2.8 with a sticky diaphragm

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 28/2.8 with a sticky diaphragm
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:50:56 -0500
On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 11:42:19AM +0200, Marco wrote:
> On Mar, 15 set 1998 5:59, Mark Hammons <mailto:astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I took the lens mount off -- 3 screws.
> asfaik you'll need a PH00 (Philips zero zero) screwdriver, don't use a PH0
> lest you damage the screw heads.

At least on mine, the PH0 was the proper screwdriver to use. The proper
Phillips screwdriver will look too large, and fit snugly into the screw
head, but will go to the bottom of the opening. The "right" looking
screwdriver will be loose in the opening, making it easier to damage the
screw head, especially since applying the proper amount of torque will make
slippage more likely. Note also that the proper way to use a Phillips
screwdriver is to apply enough downard force to keep the screwdriver from
slipping while turning it; this is most important while breaking the screw
loose.