Re: [OM] Re: How Much Is Enough

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: How Much Is Enough
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:37:55 EDT
Hi Bob:

> To this day I still retain an insurance rider for $10,000
>  that costs me about $15 a year for photo & computer
>  equipment used outside my residence as part of my job.

This is, in insurance speak, an Inland Marine policy.  At least that is what
State Farm calls it.  It is necessary to have this in addition to a homeowners
or renters insurance policy if you use your equipment (cameras, computers,
etc.) as part of your occupation.  I'm going to ask them today if it also
covers loss in the mail.  Considering the cost of insurance from USPS
(especially!), UPS, etc., it could save a bundle if you sell and ship personal
equipment frequently.

For Zuikoholics, just don't forget to keep it up-to-date!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV