[OM] Quick Auto 310 weirdness

Subject: [OM] Quick Auto 310 weirdness
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:43:50 -0500
I got a QA310 in today. Upon installing batteries and checking it out, I
found a weirdness: Sometimes, the auto mode won't sense the flash and
instead delivers a full-power strobe. This happens about 1 time out of 10 or
so. In addition, the auto check light flickers all the time in manual and
TTL auto modes. When I put it on my (original) OM-2 with a Shoe 2, it
doesn't flash at all sometimes, and others delivers a full power flash. (The
shoe is NIB, with no cracks.) Is this a common problem?

(The bargain OM-2 fired right up when I put batteries in it...now to fix the
other problems. It works fine on manual, but appears to be intermittently
locking up or just holding the shutter open for a long time on auto. I'll
know more when I strip it down this evening.)