Re: [OM] More on LCD shutters

Subject: Re: [OM] More on LCD shutters
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:18:22 -0700
>The technique of pellicle coating on the mirror, I believe patented
>by Canon, where the reticle glasses to pattern the images of the
>semiconductor devices onto the silicon wafers (called direct stepping
>on wafer, aka DSW or the stepper operation) is widely used.
>
>Regards,
>Jim Terazawa

The Canon Pellix was another model of their slr line which was, if I
remember correctly, was the FTB line. Its mirror was fixed. It was
semi-silvered so that it would pass about 800f the light from the image
to the film. Its disadvantage was that the viewfinder tended to be dim. It
was very quiet without the mirror flopping about. This was long before the
use of semiconductor chips in cameras.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California