Re: [OM] Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikos
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:57:18 -0700
I store my OM stuff in the bottom five drawers of an old hutch organized by
"group", similar to the way Olympus does - macro stuff in one, flash in
another, etc.  I have a small and a very large bag.  I decide what to pack
depending on two factors - how long I will be away and what I expect to
encounter.  Phrased another way, I pack according to my mission and how
difficult access to my storage is.  I am about to start looking for a medium
sized bag....

For motor races, the 300, the 80-200 and the 1.4x-A t/c are first grabs.  If
there is a possibility I will have close access to the pits, garage and
drvers/crews, I grab the 35-80 zoom.  For macro outings, I pack everything
but the bellows, prefering the auto-tube instead for outdoors.  I find the
20mm is generally just carried around, but the few times I've actually used
it, I was glad I had it.  I find the 135 and the 90 get the most exercise.
For "just stuff" shooting, the 35-80 zoom, the 21 f/2 and 50 f/1.4 are first
up.   I usually add the 24 and the 135.  For the minimalist outing, only the
40 and the 85 - one mounted and the other in the pocket.

The least useful is the 28 f/3.5 - a fine lens, just fits my style and
preferences less than the others.

Hope this viewpoint helps.
John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.