Re: [OM]After OM, what?

Subject: Re: [OM]After OM, what?
From: GARYINLA@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 23:08:53 EDT
Before switching formats, one could consider getting optimal quality from
35mm.
This would mean films like Fuji Velvia or Kodachrome 25 (if still available)
and black and white films like Agfa 25, Ilford 50, and possibly higher ASA
films like Tmax100, all developed in a developer to minimize grain (ie Tmax
film in Xtol or Tmax developer or Microphen, other films in Xtol, Acufine,
Microphen, or whatever else you find works well.)

I have seen blow ups of Fuji Velvia to 11x14 and the grain is hard to see.
Kodak Tmax100 developed in Tmax developer is supposed to be very fine grain.

Regarding Kodak TmaxCN (which is 400 ASA), I have seen 8X10 blow ups and I
cannot see any grain at all.   TmaxCN apparently has extremely very fine
grain.
I know pros  who are using this film for portraits because of the extremely
fine grain.

If you are using these films I question if there is any noticeable benefit to
going to 6x6 or 6x7 for prints 11 x 14, or even 16x20  or less.