Re: [OM] Oly "bins" and closed stores

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly "bins" and closed stores
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 00:49:52 EDT
Hi Gary:

> Lots of stores are on line with their merchandise for sale and sell by mail.

In my experience, there is poor updating of inventory databases among
virtually all the Internet commerce vendors.  The "mom and pop" shops aren't
online and they are the ones to best expect to find accessories bins and old,
unsold stock.  You still can't beat good old legwork and luck.  (I used to
travel to Tallahassee and ruled it hopeless for bargain hunting).  Anyone
finding a bargain needs to factor in the time it took looking for a bargain.
Then they might not seem such a bargain.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV