Re: [OM] Macro Flash Comparison Up

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Flash Comparison Up
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 19:07:12 -0700
>As promised, I have put up a comparison of all the Olympus macro flashes at
>http://www.dentontaylor.com/watch.htm. That's the T8 with both reflectors, the
>T10, and the T28 dual. Test subject used was a pocketwatch.
>
>I see in places I didn't have the camera exactly aligned; still I think the
>results are interesting. Gotta try it again with flowers.
>
>Also took a few shots with the 20/2 macro. Very interesting!
>
>Any comments welcomed.
>

>Regards,
>

>Denton Taylor

Outstanding comparisons for the flash. Makes me want to run out and get a T8.

About your comment on polarization, I didn't think that reflections from
metal objects get polarized at all. That is why metal reflections remain
prominent in polarized shots even when the other reflections, say from
glass or water, have been eliminated.

The shots with the 20 are stunning. You really have an eye for composition,
Denton.

Can't wait for the comparo with flowers.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx