Re: [OM] collectibility; autofocus

Subject: Re: [OM] collectibility; autofocus
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 22:25:46 -0500
At 08:28 AM 9/21/1998 -0700, William you wrote:

>The lack of autofocus _seems_ to doom the OM system to eventual "death,"
>though the time of such passing "no man can say."

I was shooting some print film at my son's soccor game on Saturday and
afterwards while talking with one of the moms about something, her son
stood right in front of my OM-2n with 75-150/f4 and said, "Cool camera."
So I showed him a bit while his mom said, "We bought a really good camera
like that about 15 years ago. Wonder where it is?"

Not exactly like King Arthur at the end of "Camelot" sending the boy out of
the fighting to tell the tale of better days. But for all Olympus itself
has done about it, OM should have been dead a long time ago. And yet here
we are.

Joel