[OM] Ansel Adams

Subject: [OM] Ansel Adams
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 06:08:07 -0700
<< FWIW, Ansel used a Leica exclusively after age 80 >>

"I do not believe this to be true. I believe the Polaroid people gave
him some
SX70 equipment and around the time of his death he was shooting SX70
film."

To the best of my knowledge, Ansel Adams never used Leicas, or any other
35mm equipment.

AA had a long relationship with Polaroid. He liked the visual qualities
of Polaroid print materials, and even wrote a book about their use.
(It's called "Polaroid Land Photography" and I think it was published by
Focal Press. It's probably out of print. Check Amazon.)

He did have an SX-70, and the book includes a discussion of the camera
and its film, but it's unlikely it was the only camera he was using at
the time of his passing.