[OM] Bargains... HELP! (250 back cassettes needed)

Subject: [OM] Bargains... HELP! (250 back cassettes needed)
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:58:11 -0700
Okay, all you bargain boasters, how about a tale of a bargain NOT!

I recently bought a 250 back without cassettes for $75, thinking they would
be easily located and relatively cheap. Since then, I've posted on
newsgroups for help, and one dealer "generously" offered me a used pair for
$80!

If any of you bargain hunters come across some of these at a good price,
could you keep me in mind? If I can get them for $20 each or so, I'll be
almost breaking even with the 250 WITH cassettes that recently sold on
eBay. (Sigh.)

The loader would also be nice, but I'm hoping I can fumble the loading in
the darkroom without damaging anything.

I've also heard (probably on this list) that other manufacturer's cassettes
may work, and may be cheaper and more readily available -- anyone have the
definitive word on this?

Thanks in advance. As a reward, I'll post some panorama work I've been
doing, which is why I bought the 250 back in the first place. (360 degrees
with a telephoto eats a LOT of film... :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229