Re: [OM] Ansel Adams

Subject: Re: [OM] Ansel Adams
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:15:02 -0700
William Sommerwerck wrote:

[snip]
>To the best of my knowledge, Ansel Adams never used Leicas, or any other
>35mm equipment.

Actually, in his book, "The Camera", he has a section on small format (35mm)
cameras. He has illustrations of Nikon SLR, F2 if I recall correctly, and
show several candids he had taken with the Nikon. His opinion seemed to be
that small format had a place, but that one had to work harder and more
carefully to acheive high quality results in big enlargements. Most of us
would probably agree with that opinion. High quality big enlargements are
definitely possible with 35mm, but make sure you have crossed all your "t's"
and dotted all your "i's".

Regards,
John