[OM] Re: MF Contax

Subject: [OM] Re: MF Contax
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:23:19 -0400
>>On the MF discussion:  I would bet with anyone on this list that the new
Contax MF 645 will be a hit (look at the specs at www.contaxcamera.com). I
have been waiting for just that design in MF and I believe there is a
current trend to slower, higher resolution MF photography.>>

It's a nice-looking system, but like most Contax stuff, may be priced a bit
out of the average photographer.

Still, I think your comment concerning 'slow, higher res MF photography' is
curious in this context. Both the new Contax, the Pentax 645AF, and a
couple of the Fuji RFs go out of their way to emulate the 35mm
spray-and-pray philosophy, not the contemplative style commonly associated
with larger formats.

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com