Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko
From: "R. Wastell" <rrw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:05:53 -0800
I am looking at my 40/2.0 as I type this. I see nothing referencing a Guide
Number. There are only the usual Zuiko markings for depth -of-field,
focusing distance (down to 0.3 M) and aperture (16-2). There is no room for
anything else!  In fact, the lens is awkward to use without a filter because
the aperture ring is also the filter ring.  It is hard to adjust the
aperture without  the extra width of a filter to grip. Otherwise I risk
putting my fingers on the front element. The outer edge of the aperture ring
is serrated to help the grip but in the heat of the moment it is all to easy
to slip.

Bob