[OM] never produced Zuikos

Subject: [OM] never produced Zuikos
From: "C. Hertzler" <hertzler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:15:53 +0200
Yesterday I did some Zuiko-archeology in my book shelf. I found an old OM1
brochure. There was no date code on it, but it must be from the
early seventies. It shows the OM1 with "all the 280 pieces of the OM
system" (my translation; it is written in German). It includes a
picture (photo) and all the data of the two never produced teles, the
6.3/300 and the 4.5/400. According to this brochure they are as real
and existing as all the other lenses we know of (we know by now, that
this is not true). The 3.5/18, the 2/24 and 2.8/35 shift are amongst
these lenses. What was new to me, are the lenses which were "planed".
In this brochure there is a big chart, with drawings of all pieces
of equipment, including the lenses. Several are marked with a star,
which means, they are "planed". These lenses are:
Zoom 90 - 250 (this became the 85 -250 I guess), 135 macro, 2/100,
3.5/160, 5.6/500, 9/800, 14/1200 and an enlarging lens.
The 135 macro head and the 2/100 finally materialized. Don't wait for
the other lenses..:)

Christoph