Re: [OM] 28-48, medium format

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-48, medium format
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Sep 98 20:31:41 +0200
On Mar, 22 set 1998 6:03, Shawn Wright <mailto:swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Someone else mentioned the lack of smooth tonality in 35mm
>enlargements, something which I have also noticed in some shots.
>I have a few shots taken with my old Yashica 6x6 which have a
>wonderful, warm buttery sort of tonality to them, even though they
>aren't all that sharp. With practice, I have come pretty close to this
>with FP4+, but I'm comparing to a very old, low end TLR. I'm sure a
>high quality 6x6 would simply be stunning in this area.

Even with an average 6x6 you'll get interesting results compared to any
35mm. BTW "Yashinon" lens is more or less like a "Tessar" or "Xenon" TLR
lens, while "Yashicor" is so-so.  But the particular flavour of a 6x6 shot
is a reality. It is not only grain, sharpness, gray levels... is a kind of
"space"... the subject pops up out of the print (or screen).

Marco