Re: [OM] Manual Camera Odyssey

Subject: Re: [OM] Manual Camera Odyssey
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:18:01 -0500
<<I went out with a friend yesterday who wanted to look around for
a manual camera.  She is clear in that she wants a manual
everything camera and  that she will primarily work in B/W.
Given my preference, I wanted to persuade her to look at Olympus
- so to begin we went to a large camera store that carries a
broad selection of new cameras.>>

If it were me, I would go find a really clean OM1md or OM1n md.  I would
then have the battery converted and have it CLAed.
Then I would shop in Shutterbug and at camera shows for the lenses of
choice.

This way you get a professional outfit and have fun spending the money on a
camera that you will never let go of (unless you lose your mind).

If your friend is anything like the list members here, She will be adding to
the basic system forever.

Happy Hunting,
Charlie Loeven