[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #514

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #514
From: Joseph Albert <jalbert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:04:51 -0600 (MDT)
someone wrote:

=======================
So am I.  The problem as I see it is reflected in the experience of shopping
for that entry level, affordable, pro quality camera with a system to build
on.
For me the OM2000 is not it.  The OM3 is too expensive.  So, why not an OM1n
or even a OM1 md?

trouble is that entry-level and affordable generally are not compatible
with "pro quality".

If you take the price of an OM-1 when it was introduced and correct it
for inflation into today's dollars, it would sell for about $800.

that's what it would sell for todya if Olympus re-introduced it.

camera I'd like to see is an OM-2S without electrical problems,
but with a 1/250 flash sync.

j. albert