Re: [OM] OM eyesight correction lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] OM eyesight correction lenses
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 17:43:14 +0100
>Where do you obtain correction lenses for an eyecup which correct for
>astigmatism?  I used to have one which came from a company in the UK.
>Unfortunately they closed down when the proprietors became to old to carry
>on and could not find anyone to take over the business.
>
>Mike Bloor.

Mike, I ordered one from the optician who gave me my first specs.  He would
have charged me DM10 (about UKP3) but since I was spending large amounts
more than that on my first set of specs (specs seem to be pricey in
Germany, perhaps their quality is better than in the UK) he made a
correction lens to fit my Eyecup 1 free.  It is great.

Of course, if you have the problem in one eye, you could use the other eye
for critical focusing - that's what I started to do before I took the
expensive option.  Actually, since I am a pilot, there was no doubt that I
had to have specs once I realised what the problem was - I thought that I
was getting a cataract in my right eye until the eye-man put those big
lenses in front of my eye and asked:  "Better or worse?" - Oh much better
thank you!

Chris