Re: [OM] Multi connector Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Multi connector Question
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:29:12 -0500
Wiliam wrote,
<<I Use two T32's for portraits witch OM2n at full TTL auto (Of course with
all cables attached to te multi-connector) This setup works fine for me. I
also use umbrellas to soften the lighting. This costs a lot of power
however. The only way to vary the lighting ratio's of the both flashes is
to place the flashes (and umbrellas) at different distyances from the
subject. I would love to add a T45 for the extra power and the different
lighting ratio's that will be possible thenm because of the differences in
output. I am not completely sure about the use of T-series flashes with the
OM2(no n) Maybe someone can update me on this.>>

This is also what I was looking for.  I would put some ND material over one
flash instead of moving it back.  I usually don't have much room.

<<At an Olympus club meeting in The Netherlands I once even made
model-photo's with 4 T32 flashes and 1 T20 attached. 1 T32 on the body
(off, but used to connect to the cable) and the others put in umbrella's.
The picture was nicely lit this way.>>

An Olympus club! WOW!  I could identify with them.  The club I have been to
is mostly new product saturated and very boring.
One flash on the camera and 4 off, this is a good reason for the 5 pin
connector to be on the body rather than the shoe position.  You can't do
that with an OM2.

<<With same subject distances the lighting ratio's between T20, T32 and T45
are simply 20, 32 and 45>>

Simple is right, and a great working system.

<<Hope this helps,
Wiliam>>

<<BTW: Are you Dutch originally? Loeven sounds so and the spelling of your
first name is quite uncommon outside the Netherlands.>>

Right again, My name is quite uncommon here in the states.  In Europe most
people pronounce it correctly the first time.  A real shocker.
My Grandfather was a baker in Amsterdam and migrated to New York. (long ago)
Charlie is a less common way than Charley and I just happened to choose it
as a young boy.  ( I was a young boy?).

(Apologies to the list for the personal dialogue.)

Charlie Loeven
lion1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Largo Florida