Re: [OM] Play in 35-70/3.5-4.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Play in 35-70/3.5-4.5?
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 17:42:56 -0800
On 25 Sep 98 at 14:37, John Gaasland wrote:

> I just got a 35-70/3.5-4.5 in the mail, and discovered that there is
> some play in the focus ring. I can rock the ring back and forth a bit,
> and when I turn it, I can feel a little slack, where it doesn't turn,
> and then does. Is this common with this lens, or should I send it back?
> It's in really nice condition except for that. John Gaasland.

Thanks to a tip from (sorry I forget who...) I just fixed a problem like this
on my old 135/3.5 which was quite loose:

Peel back the focus rubber gently and look for 3-4 tiny screws. Once found,
slide the rubber far enough to reveal these screws, then use a small
screwdriver (it was the smallest size in my set of tiny flathead drivers) to
tighten the slack gently on each one.

My 135/3.5 is now like new again!

Thanks to the person who suggested this - sorry but I lost your e-mail.