Re: [OM] Olympus and OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus and OM
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 20:41:09 -0700
>No, Winsor, you are not alone.  I've bought eight new lenses in the last ten
>years and only two used ones.  I try to get at least one additional lens a
>year :-)
>
>John P
>______________________________________
>My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
>everything you know.
>

>Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx> remarked:
>

>>Well actually I have bought all my Oly stuff in the last 10 years because
>>it is perfect for what I want. Most of it was bought new. I am sure I am
>>not alone.
>>
>>Winsor

What a great plan to build a nice system, John. It also allows you the time
to really get to know each lens.

Aren't you glad you did not start with a Pentax LX(I almost did. Phew!)
which now has no cameras or lenses available in the B&H catalog.(On to the
next model!) Or a Canon F series which seems to be down to 10 lenses in the
B&H catalog as opposed to the 33 lenses listed for your pleasure in the
"fading before your eyes" Olympus section. Of course you could have gotten
a Leica which has not thrown in the towel and keeps trying to get it right
by changing models seems to value lens compatibility, but for your extra
money you could only choose from 20 lenses in their system, or 22 lenses if
you had bought a Contax. It is hard for me to deal with the uncertainty of
where my next Zuiko is coming from. How do you handle it? Oh, you just go
out and take beautiful pictures. How do you do it? And how does Olympus do
it, failing, but with a system second only to the manual system from Nikon.

My apologies for the rhetoric in the second paragraph. Could not resist. :-)

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx