Re: [OM] Insurance, no OM content

Subject: Re: [OM] Insurance, no OM content
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 17:54:53 +0100
Denton thanks.

Sorry to include the whole quote, but the different connotations may be
important (I'm no expert on insurance - in the UK non-insurance people
generally regard all insurance companies as dishonest).   I meant that I
had unlimited cover for personal liability on my car insurance  in Germany
and the UK, whereas State Farm in Florida would not provide that ($100k
max).  In fact Denton, it seems from what you say that your cover is
limited to $1M ... therefore it is not unlimited (?)  I did have overseas
"kit" insurance from the UK (Norwich Union) which had to buy me a
replacement for my OM2SP which was stolen from a hire car on Mission Beach
while I was out partying... Oh halcyon days!

In addition, perhaps the difference between Nevada and Florida is the no
fault insurance required in FLA.  I may have this all wrong now - I'm
exploring the very edges of my knowledge of insurance; but I did feel
under-insured in while living in the USA.

Whatever, I now have full insurance for my photo equipment so I should not
have to worry about replacing it.