Re: [OM] Model release update

Subject: Re: [OM] Model release update
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 00:04:43 +0000
Ah yes, but Garth, who does such a wonderful job of providing the
gallery, would rather that permission be obtained so I am respecting
his wishes.

"If the pictures you have taken are of people, either indicate to us
that the picture is truly public-domain, or that you have permission
from the model(s) to release their pictures."

I think the Net is making such issues quite complicated.  Does Irish
law apply - where I and the subject reside - or does Canadian law
hold sway given that the Gallery is based there?

Anyway, the Irish seem to have adopted the letiginous nature of the
USA and I am not sure what the position is with regard to copyright
here so I don't think I want to take a risk unless I am certain of
what the position is with regard to Irish law.

Giles