Re: [OM] Theoretical lens resolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Theoretical lens resolution
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:36:22 EDT
Hi Mark:

> I believe that
>  one of the sharpest Zuikos is the 50mm F1.8, which if I recall is about
>  90 lp/mm at F5.6, or something ( too lazy to go look it up).

1/3rd from center at f/5.6 in the 50mm f/1.8 F.Zuiko is probably the highest
detail creating performance (note I didn't say resolution) attained by a
infinity focusing Zuiko lens.  It is equaled by the 50mm f/2 at the same
point.  Later multi-coated 50mm f/1.8 designs sacrificed some center
performance for better eveness across the field.  Very close behind in
performance is the 35mm f/2.8 G.Zuiko in the center of the field at f/5.6

Source: Popular Photography slit image tests.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV