Re: [OM] Re: Cost of goods, no OM content

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Cost of goods, no OM content
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:14:11 +0000
Hmmm Simon, speaking as a Thatcherite.....

Yes Oly UK and all the British photo goods importers charge through the
nose, as do car importers.
Manufacturing was destroyed by the complete absence of quality in British
Industry.
eg Rover cars in spite of receiving so much subsidy/help from the
government/honda/bmw even still now produce an extremely poor quality
product, ask your US friends about the quality of Discos, see the JD Power
Top Gear survey, talk to owners of MGFs. In spite of many letters to the
Rover Group they are not prepared to accept the results of independent
surveys, it is denial, the British fail to admit their own problems, it is
a national failing, think about it.
Rover cars have always been crap from about 1963 onwards, it is equally the
fault of managers and the workforce, no-one else is involved. Cost is not a
factor people are prepared to pay a premium for imported quality cars such
as Mercedes Benz. I would avoid buying anything made in a British factory,
even British designed goods. I would look for quality products made in
Japan, Germany the EC perhaps the US. I don't care how much they cost
within reason. I would also avoid products made in China.

 (Embedded
 image moved   sje @ lrc.ruralwales.org
 to file:      27/09/98 10:12
 PIC10615.PCX)