Re: [OM] bokeh?

Subject: Re: [OM] bokeh?
From: Toshihiro Sugimoto <sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:39:28 JST
Cc: sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Bob,

You told us an interesting story. However,,,,,

I checked "pinto" in Japanese dictionary.

The word "pinto" is an imported and abbreviated word from Dutch.
The original word is said to be "brandpunt". It must be some time in
19th century when it came into Japan and used first.

Someone on the list from Netherland can tell us a little more about
this original word. :-)

Toshi in Kyoto