Re: [OM] battery damage

Subject: Re: [OM] battery damage
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:47:21 -0700
>One poster mentioned that an Olympus winder he bought suffered from
>"acid damage" inside the battery case.

     That poster was me :) I WAS able to scrap and clean the battery holder
good
   enough to get it to work. But I have seen many simular instances where that
   is not enough. Whether it's acid or not, something in the batteries corrode
   the metal parts and kill connections. I've seen many flashes done in this
   way.

                                                       enjoy,
                                                        Brad