[OM] quality of instruction manuals

Subject: [OM] quality of instruction manuals
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 07:06:47 -0700
This doesn't relate directly to OM, but I thought I'd post it anyhow.

I have just spoken with the head of a major photo importer about the
possibility of my rewriting a number of their manuals. I have to submit
a writing sample, and nothing is definite.

However, if this comes to fruition, it could mean that, over the next
few years, most companies will obliged to start writing their manuals in
clear, simple English.

Any comments on this? How do you guys/gals feel? I resent paying several
hundred dollars for a product that comes with a manual that not only is
poorly written, but has incomplete, confusing, and grossly INcorrect
information about the product and its use.

Your comments would be appreciated, and might help me do a better job.
I'd prefer direct replies, so I can easily save them.